2/2/12

Ιστορίες μισής ζωής

"I only wish my ghosts were happier today, after seventeen years of real life. Not that the moment of our meeting ever loses its shine, or the knowledge that one will never again have to make do with shadows. But the fevers are on me now, the virus mad to ravage my lst fifth T cells. It's hard to keep the memory at full dazzle, with so much loss to mock it. Roger gone, Craig gone, Cesar gone, Stevie gone. And this feeling that I'm the lst one left, in a world where only the ghosts still laugh. But at least they're the ghosts of full-grown men, proof that all of us got that far, free of the traps and the lies. And from that moment on the brink of summer's end, no one would ever tell me again that men like me couldn't love."
____________

Paul Monette, Becoming a Man: Half a Life Story, Harper Perennial Modern Classics, 2004 [1993] - παρατίθεται στο Κώστας Κανάκης (επ.), Γλώσσα και Σεξουαλικότητα: Γλωσσολογικές και ανθρωπολογικές προσεγγίσεις, Εκδόσεις του Εικοστού Πρώτου, 2011

-*-